Legend of Suheldev Book Review
In this post, you will read a book review and summary of Legend of Suheldev: The king who saved India.
Basic Plot Summary
Legend of Suheldev: The king who saved India a good book to read for historical fiction lovers. This work is by a mystery party and immortal writers center. So this is a fictional story but it is based on true events.
and the genre of this book is historical fiction a map of 11th century India has been provided. The story in this book begins in the year 1000 25 AD when Mahmood of Ghazni keeps sending his Turkic army from Central Asia to northern India to attack different kingdoms of northern India.
This Turkic army raids and loot these kingdoms. They also kill and rap the people of these kingdoms. The Turkish army was the undefeated champion. Some kingdoms do try to fight them.
Turkic army proves to be absolutely brutal, ruthless, unfair, cold, and calculate. Things keep getting worse amidst all this destruction and chaos. A prince from a small Kingdom in North India called Shrawasti decides that it’s time for him to do something for his motherland and he decides that he will bring the end to the barbarism caused by the Turkic army.
This warrior Prince turns out to be none other than Suheldev. This and so he’ll they’ve with his band of warriors develops this reputation of being a bandit prince in the years to come where they show immense courage bravery and heroism in fighting the Turkic army.
It’s a story about how they unite all the Indian people irrespective of which community they come from so the two most commonly recurring themes in this book are unity and patriotism.
suheldev book has talked about how as Indians we have so many divisions among ourselves and that should not be the case. Read some key messages tried to send from this book to the reader
- United we stand and divided we fall.
- We should really love our motherland and that your motherland comes first.
since this book is historical fiction and the premise is how Indians stood up against the Turkic army. You can expect a fair share of adventure and a lot of battle scenarios. A lot of times this novel made observations about Indian people and their temperament.
Writing style, Characters, and Pace
- The pace of the story is not uniform. Sometimes it gets fast-paced and sometimes gets a little slower than you would like.
- The characters are a wide variety of people from different communities. they push the protagonist character is that of a quintessential hero. His character is everything you would expect somebody like him to be and you would be satisfied with his character.
- There are also some very interesting characters like a shrew gosh the monk and Aslam. There is this mystery element that surrounds them.
- The book is also written in a very nice and simple manner and it’s a relatively short read
The Praise and Critique
The story is suspenseful but at the same time, it’s not as strong as you would have liked it. There are some parts in the story that is very interesting and engaging. There are also some unnecessary portions the Author should not have to include.
This is the kind of book that does hold your interest but you do not mind putting it down some time to time. The best thing about this book is how it has tried to highlight and showcase the spirit of India all through the book and all through the story.
Overall This is a decent book and Pretty good. You can give a pick!
Read More book reviews and recommendations of must read Indian books
- Sudha Murthy short stories summary
- Books By Ruskin bond-Top Novels
- life is what you make it book review
- Three Thousand Stitches Summary
- Malgudi Days by RK Narayan summary
- murder mystery book- One Arranged Murder- Chetan bhagat