Man’s search for meaning
By Victor Frankel is a neurologist and psychiatrist born in 1905 and he died in 1997. He was also an inmate of the Auschwitz concentration camp during the World War. At the time in the prison of concentration camps Viktor Frankl all learned lessons has included in this book. The book talks about How author somehow managed to find hope and meaning during one of the most catastrophic events in human history. Man search for meaning really powerful book. You can learn a lot of lessons from it. So here is the summary of lesson you can learn.
Summary of lesson from Man search for meaning
- Everything can be taken from a man but one thing is the last of the human freedoms. Freedoms to choose ones attitude in any given set of circumstances ,To choose one’s own way. In any situation you can choose how to react. Imagine there’s a final filter between the real you, the outside world And your thoughts. You can control that final filter.
- you aren’t searching for a life of peace. you are searching for a life with a purposeful struggle . people should have a real purpose to work towards something in their life. you want a purposeful struggle something to work towards that isn’t instantly completed something that you have to chip away.
- what you fear is not important . In this novel, Victor Frankel explains events happened to the prisoners at the time they were released from the concentration camps. There were negatives but the biggest positive was the liberation the prisoners felt. they were liberated from any fears they used to have in comparison to the concentration camps. Their previous worries were in significantly small so they felt empowered to do whatever they wanted with their lives.
- Have gratitude for very small moments and simple things people always want more have gratitude for what you have now so that when you do have more you’ll have gratitude for that and actually enjoy it otherwise you’re always chasing something in the future and the grass will always be greener on the other side seize any moment that life gives you to smile properly stop and appreciate it fully one of the simplest ways to instantly have more happiness in your life is to practice mindfulness and be completely mindful in happy moments.
- Victor Frankel got through the terrible time in the concentration cam. he knew he would take what he was learning from the situation and write a book. He knew that book would really help others. he chose to focus on how he’s going to help other people. because it’s a situation he was in and he didn’t focus on the terrible things that were happening around him. He thought of something bigger than himself. The way other prisoners got through the camp. It was to be extremely generous giving away some of their future of the prisoners. This would give them a huge sense of purpose.These prisoners gave themselves a real purpose, a reason to keep going. They had a big why because they were staying positive for all the prisoners. when you’re working towards something you’ll find it much easier to keep going if your main aim is something bigger than yourself the aim.
Whatever we do, Man Search for Meaning challenges us to accept that we cannot avoid suffering but we can choose how to cope with it, find a meaning in it, and move forward.
Overall, Man search for meaning is a very inspiring, insightful and interesting. It is worth reading and quite a profound read. This book gave rise to new thinking. This is the strong point of this novel. Just go for it.